Wednesday, February 25, 2009

BOOBOO's

I love being a fly on the wall....listening to some of the funny conversations that go on in the back of my Suburban. I have a friend who just had a baby, and we swung by to pick up her son to play. Dallin and he were sitting in the very back. This is how the conversation went:

Dallin: "Does your new baby eat from your mommy's booboo's?"
Friend: "Booboos? Baby's don't eat from Booboo's. Booboo's are ouchies. The spanish word for ouchies is "booboos."
Dallin: "But, babies drink milk from mommy's booboos!"
Friend: "No, babies eat from mommy's CHEST."

Every family and Every Child has a different lingo for every day things, but one things for sure..... they both got the concept down!!! It did make me laugh when this was the first thing Dallin asked when his friend got in the car. I just love listening to kids talk amongst their friends!

5 comments:

Heatherbether said...

LOVE IT!!!! Nathan and I had a good laugh.

Katie said...

That is so funny! Taylor asked me if the baby was sucking on my chest, and I was so grossed out by that I told him not to talk about it. There's gotta be a better way to refer to it than "sucking" even though that is what is happening. It just sounds yucky.

Heatherbether said...

Hey Michelle, blog question: to get the links on the side with their recent post updates listed below do I have to retype my names all over again? Please enlighten me!
Hey, my word verification today is "momon"...as a matter of fact I AM!!!!

Becky said...

Sometimes you hear more than you want to, but most of the time it is just priceless!

Heatherbether said...

Hey, how about a NEW POST Michelli!