Tuesday, November 18, 2008

ONCE IN A LIFETIME OPPORTUNITY!!!!!


Okay......so I am so sorry to BORE you with all this grocery stuff. (Especially you out-of-towners)......but I do have to post in this topic again. So......all of this Grocery Smarts addiction stuff has landed me a shot on the news. Yep, you read it right. Last week I met with our local News 3. They wanted to interview a mom who has tried this Grocery Smarts couponing method. Somehow.....through word of mouth, my name got suggested, and after I tried DESPERATELY to talk them into finding someone else, I was their woman. I am very camera shy, and don't like being on the stage. I would much rather be the background girl. So, you can imagine this scared me spitless!!! On Thursday the news anchorwoman came to MY HOUSE......YES, my house. She interviewed me in my own home office, and then the camera man took shots of my kids eating lunch and playing in the backyard. Talk about anxiety! I must have handled the stress of it fairly well, because Emmet said he was surprised I wasn't stressing over all this. The stress finally hit me Friday afternoon when it was all over---and I had to shut off my phones and lay down for a 2 hour nap. But, it's not over yet.....then on Friday morning, I met the news anchor at our local Smith's grocery store. They video-taped me grocery shopping and checking out, and then she interviewed me a little in the grocery isle too. Thursday was very nerve-racking, but Friday surprisingly had me feeling a lot of mixed emotions. I was "sick to my stomach" and "Excited" all wrapped up together. In a crazy kinda way, it was fun. (That doesn't mean I would like to repeat it anytime soon.....) But, for a ONCE-IN-A-LIFETIME opportunity, it was pretty cool. They've told me it should be on the news (NEWS 3) on Monday and Tuesday of next week....It is a 2 part story, and I will not be aired until Tuesday. So, for all you locals, tune in on Monday and Tuesday during the Morning news and 12-1 news. They'll be showing it twice each day. (Hopefully I don't look like a complete idiot!)

6 comments:

Katie said...

She's right about shutting down on Friday, I couldn't get a hold of her ALL DAY! Just kidding, I'm sure you'll look great, I can't wait to see it!

A New Decade of Health said...

Can't wait to see it! How exciting! I so need to jump on the bandwagon!

Colette said...

You are so awesome, Michelle! Thanks so much for doing it. I love your blog and get tons of links from here, that's how I found you. I'm so glad couponing has worked out so well for you... I would have to say you are definitely one of my star students, if not the best one yet! I totally mean that! Thanks again, I can't wait to see the story air!

Eliz said...

Sweet!!! How cool is it to be a "mom" on TV -- you rock!!. I will be sure to check it out -- I bet you look fabulous.

Michelle Campbell said...

That's awesome Michelle! And I can't think of a better person for them to interview. You're blog and prompting got me and the campbell girls trying it. You're great and I can't wait to watch the news next week!!

jessenpetty said...

Michelle, that is so cool! I was in TV last year when we went to the Christmas Opportunity Village thing. They aired it that night at 11pm so I didn't have any time to tell anyone! Bummer! But I really want to do this coupon thing. Can you give me the information? Who she is, when I can have a class, etc? Please email me okaY!? jspetty012602@hotmail.com. Thanks a bunch!