The summer is winding down. After almost 3 months of having my kids home from school, I am counting down to school starting. (You know you mothers out there who have school-age kids are feeling the same way---even if you won't candidly admit it like myself) Not that I don't love my kids. I do. But keeping 5 kids under the age of 8 busy during the HOT HOT HOT summer is not easy. I relate it to being snowed in during the winter in other states. The kids just don't want to go outside. (Neither do I) And.....all that testosterone and energy (of my boys) just turns into a TON of indoor wrestling and our fair share of arguing and grumpyness....from mom too. We did have some good fun this summer, and we did LOTS of swimming. Thank you mom and dad for donating your pool for the summer. I welcome the thought of some structure again!! HURRAY!!! The countdown begins. 13 days to go. (Anyone know how to put a countdown clock on my blog? I've seen them on other people's blogs. If so......let me know)
2 comments:
Are you kidding me? I'm dreading school starting again. That means hair has to be done, no more sleeping in, car pooling twice a day, homework every night, rushing to hit the 7:30 bedtime, and no built in sibling entertainer. I would give anything to have another month of summer. It's so much easier! Then again, I don't have a bunch of boys, so I guess I don't really understand.
Katie
I don't know about the countdown on the blog, but I have been counting down for a while. I only have one in school, but it is such a different dynamic when he is focused on school and I can have a different routine with my other 2 kids. I will love next year even more because Leah will start school.
I especially love that Dallan is a boy, so I don't worry about the hair and cute outfits (not in the same way) and he rides the bus and eats breakfast at school...so I wake up for prayer and then send him off and if I am lucky get to go back to bed until the little ones get up.
Post a Comment