Thursday, August 28, 2008

Grocery Savings Continued

This is only for those living in the Las Vegas area. The company was started in Utah....so if you live in Utah you are in luck. I'm guessing you have to have a different passport code to access the Utah lists. But, this website consolidates all the weekly sales adds for the different grocery stores. It tells you the sales price, the coupon to use and where it is found, and the final price after the coupon. It even rates the items. 4 and 5 star items are items that are a REALLY great price. The full concept is......you collect coupons, and then use the coupons on the week that the item you want goes on sale. The girl that taught the class said she never pays more than $3 for a pack of diapers (WOW!!!). I guess CVS Pharmacy has sales on diapers.....and combined with certain coupons.....she gets them for $3. And sometimes she even gets items for free (w/ the sale price and coupon combined) It may take a little work....and a little coupon organization....but for those kinds of savings.....I'm in!!! I'll report back in a couple months and let you all know how I like it! The girl that taught the class has a "coupons blog"....the address is: www.waymore4wayless.blogspot.com
If you have questions and want to talk to her directly.....her email is: shopsmartinvegas@hotmail.com

I'm usually not into these kinds of things....but, there's no catch to all this. If you want to collect coupons, you usually need the Sunday paper. And, you can sign up for the paper through Colette if you want to. But.....there's no other catch. No fees, no nothing. She's been doing this for over a year on her own.....and would just have classes to teach her friends (just because it is her hobby). Cool, huh? Can you tell I'm excited?

6 comments:

Allison said...

too bad it is not for my area. darn. Oh well, we don't spend that much. Maybe 400 per month at the very most for our little family of 5.

Rachel said...

Hey there. Oh my HECK! I ran into you and we're not even at Costco! I found your blog from another blog blah blah blah, you know the story. Fun to see your darling family. Your boys are so handsome and your girl is soooo precious. See ya some time in Costco...

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

This coupon thing sounds awesome, let's talk more at scrapbook night! See you soon!

Michelle Campbell said...

Wow Michelle. That sounds fantastic! I'll have to look into that.

Becky said...

Michelle you are so on the ball! Your are just awesome!

Amanda said...

Hey thanks for reminding me about this. I actually found it a while back but didn't really do anything with it. Then I got into coupon shopping about 2 months ago-I'm getting pretty good at Walgreens & CVS (actually made money last week :), but nothing exciting in the grocery department. So this will be nice. Thanks!!