Thursday, June 26, 2008

Catching Up

Since I'm so far behind on this blogging stuff, I feel like I need to go back and review some of the past months. I did that a little when I posted Kyle's Baptism and Audrey's Blessing (both in March). I'm going to do a little more of that. I love seeing pictures on other people's blogs.....so I'm going to try to put lots of pics on mine. I think it makes the storytelling more fun. (= Here I go.......



Kyle started scouts in March an had his very first pinewood derby soon after. Emmet was so great with him. He let Kyle draw out and design exactly how he wanted his car to be. Emmet cut it, and Kyle did the rest. Sand, paint, glue on weights. (The die hard derby-ists use some special powdered weight stuff.......we used money). I was sitting back biting my lip.....trying to hard not to jump in. I had to calm my "competitive" nature of wanting Kyle's to be the fastest and coolest car at the derby. Good thing Emmet had his head on straight. And good thing I kept my mouth shut. Kyle was so proud of that car.....and I was so proud of him. He got the award for the "most expensive looking" car. (And.....his was the fastest "wolf" car) GO KYLE!!!!
Dallin graduated from his 1st year of preschool. His teacher went all out and had the cutest end of the year program. The kids had all sorts of props to help them sing their songs. In this one, Dallin got to wear BRIGHT PINK sunglasses. For any of you that know Dallin (rough and tough and not a bit girly).......seeing him in Pink made me laugh!
Dallin's teacher even got them all mini-cap an gowns. So cute! I tried to snap a picture.....but unfortunately, this is the best one I got. (No he is not in the prayer position) I just happened to catch him closing his eyes. (=


This was a very humbling day for me. There are so many times since Audrey has been born that I have felt so overwhelmed. And, when you are overwhelmed, you don't always stop and enjoy the sweet moments. Dallin's teacher put together a slide-show presentation that played to the country song "Let them be Little." (I don't remember the singer, but if you haven't heard it......look it up!!! It is awesome). As I saw Dallin's pictures flashing up there to that song, it made me stop and enjoy that sweet moment. And a sweet moment it was!!!


1 comment:

A New Decade of Health said...

I completely agree about finding the sweet little moments. When life gets overwhelming sometimes those little moments get you through!