Saturday, October 18, 2008

Last 2 months in a Nutshell

I finally have pictures ready to post. Emmet couldn't get my computer to upload them, but he did burn them onto a CD for me. Yeah!!! So to catch up on my lack of posting, I thought I'd summarize our last 2 months.........

1. Kids started public school at Walker International (Spanish/English curriculum)--Kyle cried, I worried and was a wreck all day long, and then they both came home happy and fine---of course!


2. Went to the cabin with my family. Hauled up a bunch of wood to build a new treehouse up there. (When I was a girl we built a treehouse, but it has been destroyed over the years). My two brothers, Emmet, my boys, and I rebuilt it again. What a fun weekend full of sentimental memories!!!


3. Audrey started crawling at 6 months, now has 2 teeth, got her first real pictures taken, and at almost 8 months now is getting into everything....eating any microscopic thing she can find on the floor, standing up in her crib, and officially being bottle fed. (Don't ask.....I'm sad-I wasn't quite ready to stop nursing yet). I just love her!! I look at her often and can't believe I got my little girl. I am loving every moment!



4. Dallin started preschool. He loves it! He decided on his first day of school that he wanted to wear his army winter hat. Whatever..........



5. I've been helping at Kyle and Braden's school every other week. I love it! The kids get really excited to have me there (they always remind me exactly when I'm supposed to come in to help)....and it allows me to connect with their teachers and be more in touch with their education. I have been pleasantly surprised with how much I've liked public school. Their teachers are great....the kids are nice.....they have so many resources available to them.......and the kids have adjusted just fine. (I think it was a harder adjustment for me then for them)
6. I have gotten addicted to coupon shopping.......if you all can't tell by my previous posts.
7. We traveled up to Mona Utah over conference weekend to visit Jodi and Isaac again. We love Mona. We always love the break of sneaking away to a quiet and small town.
8. Just recently, it was my turn to host our scrapbook group at my house. Worried, stressed, cleaned, baked......(but not nearly as much as the last 2 years I've hosted).....and then all went well and I wondered why I even worried about it. (I am getting so much better.........but I just don't think I'm programed to host events.....I am such a worrier) Maybe by the time I'm 50......I'll mature enough to not care so much.
9. We watched my dear friend be sealed to the final 2 of her 7 boys. It was the most inspiring and touching thing I have ever been to. The spirit was so strong, and of course I balled. Seeing their entire family in the sealing room, made me want more kids (oh my gosh....did I say that out loud?)
10. I spoke in church. Worried, stressed........went fine. (Why do I worry?)
11. We are refinishing our stair banister. Some day it will be done. Lots of work, Lots of fun (for me anyways).....and I love how it is turning out. Once this is done.....it is time for a new chandelier. Beautiful!
Before

During
12. Dallin fell and busted his chin open. This is our first family casualty. (no broken bones and no split anything....until now) He was jumping on the trampoline (by himself). Our trampoline is in the ground....so it was a total fluke.....he hit his chin on the spring. Our neighbor is a veterinarian and was able to doctor it up without a single stitch (I love skin glue). If that didn't work.....he was going to have to put a stitch in it. But, luckily it has healed quite nicely! We owe him big time. He saved us a 4 hour ER visit and a $1000 ER bill!

13. Said goodbye to my brother Steven. He went into the MTC this last Wednesday October 15th. He's serving in the Washington Everett mission. We will miss him terribly.....and my boys will too. He was so good with my kids, and so fun to have around. But, we admire him for who he is and what he stands for. I love him and know he will be a GREAT missionary!


I think that wraps up the key points. There may be some I'm missing.....but most likely they aren't that interesting. Heather.....there's your new post!!!



14 comments:

A New Decade of Health said...

Whew! Why is it that some days you feel like you have nothing to post and you keep putting it off, then when you look back, so much has happened! Loved all your pics and Audrey is getting so big! Why do these little babies want to be big so fast? Glad you and your boys are enjoying public school, love your banister, you did a fantastic job on your talk in church and get some rest before the holidays!

David said...

Hey it is sarah! Love the update! You always have been inspiring with all you do! Loving the hand rail! Audrey is so cute! Read is getting ready to crawl! He rocks all the time, lunges forward or inch worms! They grow way too fast! By the wat, I changed mt blog address.

Slim said...

Hey Michelle! It's Kim Parker. Remember me from the Champions/Parkway Ward? I found you from Sarah Cook's blog. I can't believe you have 5 redheads now! You look amazing by the way and your kids are growing up and so cute. I think about you every time I make your chocolate chip cookie recipe! Keep in touch.

Natalie, Brian, Rachel, Erick said...

I can't wait to see your finished banister, you inspire me to work more with my own hands, instead of making Brian do all the home improvements. Scrap night went great and was lots of fun. I can't wait to try to make the truffles.

Slim said...

The hurricane was crazy and I'll be glad to never have to experience another one again. I felt like a little girl in a nightmare and prayer became essential. No, Wyck sold the pest control business a year and a half ago. He's got some other ideas brewing, but it's been nice to have him home for a while. So glad we can keep in touch -- I have thought about you so often and wondered what you were up to!

Heatherbether said...

LOVED the post, loved the tree house, loved the banister, loved Dallin's hat, just loved it all!!!Hopefully we can try out the treehouse in January when we come visit. Oh, and I think I have you this year for Christmas and you have Steven. I think i'll call you.

Allison said...

Becky is right...it seems like there is nothing to post, but then you realize that so much has happened. That tree house looks like fun! I remember that you had a playhouse in your backyard when you lived on Republic st. Lucky! It is fun to see all the projects that you do...very inspiring!

gtolboe said...

Loved the update. Love the pictures, they will help bring back lasting memories when you look at them down the road. One thing you forgot to mention is that you are taking piano lessons again. Lots of LOVE. We are so glad we live so close.

Michelle Campbell said...

You are my idol! :) I truly think you are the perfect person. I love the banister and I TOTALLY love the tree house! I've always wanted a tree house! What fun to be able to build things with your own two hands. Ok, I've decided I want to be you. haha. :) Hey, Shelly (Clint's sis) is having a coupon class at her house next week so I'm excited to see how it all works and I'm excited to learn to save a lot of $$. :) Luv ya,

jessenpetty said...

Ditto to Michelle! You and Heather both are my idols! You guys rock! All that motivation to get things done. I am having a hard enough time with 3 kids. Jesse doesn't want anymore. Bummer! But we'll see in the future if he ever changes his mind! Good job on the couponing (sp) thing. We want to start it! Will you help us? (Does the coupon thing go for Costco too?) Shannon

Katie said...

I did forget you were doing piano. How is it going? And, that's great that you got to build a tree house with the kids. I did that once when I was little, but it didn't look anywhere near as glamorous as yours.

Alisha and Josh said...

Love all the quick posts- I have been putting off posting for a while and I like the way you got down to business and got it all done in one post! Awesome!! Hope all is going well with you and the fam and Happy Halloween :) Alisha

Eliz said...

Wow, you fall has been totally busy but your talk in church was fabulous and your hostess skills are wonderful -- so don't stress you are doing great things!!

Shelly Benson said...

Hi Michelle! It's fun to see what you're up to, and I love that you have five adorable red heads. I hope to get one someday. I've actually checked out your blog before because I like to blog-hop... aka blog-stalk. Wow, that sounds creepy. Anyway, you were my inspiration for the coupon class - I found the link on your site and your excitement for it made me want to see what it's all about. I'd also like to pick your brain sometime about your kids schooling. We've been thinking about doing private school, but if we were zoned for Walker/Smalley I'd just have my kids go there because I've heard they're great schools. Okay, sorry for the novel. I'm off to check out Heather's blog (okay, I'm off to check out Heather's blog again cause really I've already been there... I'm such a stalker).